Friday, February 3, 2012

Reunited, and It Feels So Good!

HOORAY! Graycie is home!! We got a phone call this morning that went something like this:

(Arabic accent ) "Hello, yes, your cat, it is in my garage.  It went in my house. I am on Dahna.  You come get it now, yes?"

I come get her now, YES!!  I jumped into the car, and went to the house where she was.  Apparently, the man had opened his garage door to go somewhere, and Graycie had been sitting outside.  She slinked into the garage and into the house, and was hiding under a coffee table.  

When I tried to pull her out, it was really obvious that she was hurt.  Her back leg was bloody, crusted over, and hairless.  Her tail was the same way.  She was limp in my arms.  I scooped her up and drove with her on my lap back to the house.  We called the Kennel Club (vet here) and got the on-call vet, so I took her right in.  He was very sympathetic and helpful, and he said that he has been hit by a car on her back legs and tail.  It looks like her tail is paraylized, and her back legs are not working properly, possibly because her pelvis has separated into two pieces.  He gave her antibiotics and pain killers, and we are keeping her at home until tomorrow morning, when she can go in and have an x-ray at the Kennel Club.   He didn't seem to think that it would be a big deal to get her fixed if it was the pelvis problem.  I also got ointment for her leg and tail wounds.  

When we got her home, she drank water and ate some food.  She has lost 2 pounds, but otherwise is doing well.  She walked right into the living room and settled down into her favorite place to hide - the boys' tunnel and tent.  She is in there now resting.  I would take a picture for you to see, but it is kind of gory to look at her leg - I will spare everyone the gruesome scene.  

I am elated that she is home!  Welcome home, sweet kitty!  You were gone five days and got run over by a car, but you will be ok in the end.  You are now down to six lives.  (Lost the first life when she fell off of my 2nd story balcony 11 years ago, completely unharmed.  Lost second life when she was attacked by an owl in our backyard in Charlotte.  This counts as losing the third life!)  (I would like it if you kept the rest of your six lives from now on.)

Now life can go on!  Our whole existence was put on hold while every spare moment was spent out looking for the cat.  Hooray, back to normal!  Hooray, kitty cat is home!  Welcome home Graycie!  You are never allowed out of my sight again!  We love you too much for that! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi E, I'm so glad that Graycie is home and hope she recovers fully. I've been enjoying reading about your adventures. You do a fantastic job writing about it and have me laughing a lot! Take care, W

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is safe and sound! I hope everything goes well with her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glad she is home! Poor girl... Hope she recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete