Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quick update

OK, so I can't get the camera to download the pictures tonight, but I just want everyone to know that:

1) I gave Clyde a 15-minute facelift with a $2 can of spray paint and he looks much better!  Pics to come soon.  Very happy about this.  Makes me feel a little less....conspicuous.  You'll see. 

2) Baby update coming soon!  I tried to scan the two latest ultrasounds, with no luck, but I'm going to make it work soon.  The most recent one you can kind of see her face, a little, maybe.  It's not a great ultrasound, but, as the doctor suggested, "if you use your imagination, you can see it."  Only 5 weeks to go!  And just in time, the commissary got in a small shipment of Dreft.  Yeah!  So I paid up for it (aggh!  $60 for three *small* bottles!) but at least now I can do all of the baby laundry before she arrives. 

Also, in other big news, Mike got fed up with the Company (I'm not supposed to say the name of the company) telling us that our shipment was still sitting in port in Savannah, so he emailed the shipping company himself.  They got right back to us with a ton of details!  Our shipment is on a ship named (something I can't remember because it's not English), and it just finished rounding the straight of Hormuz.  Yes - it's practically here!  It will arrive in port here TOMORROW, leap day!  HOORAY!!  He called Housing, and turns out that the current time for customs is 10 days to two weeks.  And I've been told that if he goes to the Housing office and says "My wife is having a baby any day now and we need our stuff" then it can get here in as little as five days to a week.  So we've gone from thinking it is still in the US and we won't get it until June, to wow, we may have our stuff next week!  HOORAY HOORAY!  Lots of pictures to come if we get our stuff!  I bet that is one busy day - looking forward to absorbing all our belongings back into our house.  My washer and dryer!  Our rugs!  The couches!  The TV!  The piano!  All my kitchen gear!  All the kids' outdoor toys!  And indoor toys!  The books!  Our own bed!  Yes!  Will keep you posted as soon as we know anything. 

PS - Thanks all for enduring my censorship rant in the last post!  Sorry to be such a downer - I guess I just got caught off guard.  Never imagined that living here would be so much like living in a cage.  I'll get used to it soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment