Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Routine

One of the greatest things about being here is that Mike's work hours are so fabulous.  We are now starting to get into something of a routine, and here's how our work days (Saturday through Wednesday) typically go:

5:47 am - Lawrence wakes up.  Everett and Lawrence are sharing a room, so Mike or I go in there to tell him it's too early and go back to bed. 

6:13 am - Lawrence is really ready to get up, saying "Mommy, I hungry!!"  Mike takes him downstairs and gives him some cereal.  I lie in bed, in denial that my child is awake. 

6:33 am - Everett wakes up.  I get up and go crawl in bed with him. 

6:37 am - I realize that there is no way we are going to have Mike to work by 7:00, so I reluctantly get up and take Everett downstairs.  Mike comes up to shower and get ready.  

6:59 am - I have the boys (still in PJs) strapped in the car, ready to go.  Mike comes out and we jump in and go.  

7:06 am - We drop Mike off at work.  If traffic is very bad (3 car backup at the stoplight), we might not arrive until 7:08 am.  

The boys and I go home and eat breakfast.   We get Everett ready for preschool, and drop him off at 8:15 am.  Lawrence and I go home and nap until 11:00 am, when we have to pick Everett up.  

11:05 am - Leave Everett's preschool and drive aimlessly around camp for 20 minutes (no point to take the kids out of their seats for five minutes, only to have to put them right back in!).  Go to Mike's office parking lot and wait for him to come out.  

11:30-12:30 pm - We pick Mike up and bring him home for lunch.  Lunch all together.  Mike takes the car back to work.  Boys and I go to the park and play for a couple of hours, and then Everett is down for nap at 2:30, and Lawrence by 3:00.  

4:00 pm - Mike is home from work.  When boys wake up, we go to the park or the commissary.  

5:30 ish - Dinner, then playtime, bath and bed by 8:00.  

We love having Mike home so much, and we love that he does not have to drive for 50 minutes or more to get to work!!  We are getting very spoiled.  There are lots of downsides to living here, but this part can't be beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment