Monday, October 15, 2012

Acclimated

I walked out of our garage this morning at 7:45 to take the kids to preschool, and as a cool wind blew over my shoulders, I thought to myself, "Wow, it's chilly!  I might want to change this tank top to a t-shirt today." 

So I went back inside and called the Time and Temperature number out of curiosity.  It was.... 83 degrees!  Chilly, indeed! 

What strikes me about this is 1) how much I've acclimated to the heat, rendering 83 to feel chilly, and furthermore, 2) that this has been possible considering how I've essentially lived inside where it's 72 degrees all the time.  How can I walk out of 72 and into 83 and notice that it got cooler?  I guess the body is somehow able to compartmentalize indoor temperature from outdoor temperature.  It is used to that wall of heat outside, and doesn't recognize or associate air conditioning with that.  Fascinating. 

In other news, we have had high cirrus clouds for two days now.  Wow, something different!  They say it might rain sometime in November.  We'll wait and see!

All you people back home, enjoy the leaves for us!  We are still stuck in the Land Without Time, so it's hard to feel like fall here.  But hey, no raking for us!  Ha HA!  


No comments:

Post a Comment