Saturday, June 30, 2012

Look out America- Here We Come!

I'm packing us up for the big trip this week! I am ready to be home, but I am really sad to leave Mike behind.  I am looking forward to some conveniences at home, though! 

Things I am looking forward to having again:

 - potable water at all the taps!
 - no more salty hair!
 - being able to drive!
 - wearing what I want!
 - eating something other than chicken and ground beef!
 - real bacon!
 - wine!  (no, wait, I'm nursing.  DARN!)
 - being able to zip to Walmart to get whatever we need!
 - being on the same time zone as the people I want to talk to!
 - using a credit card rather than paper money! (paper money is downright annoying.)
 - TV!

Things I will probably miss:

 - the heat (I am worried that I am so adjusted to the heat that I will be chilly at home.)
 - having somebody who calls me "Madam" come to my house twice a week to clean.
 - Mike (probably) :)  just kidding, honey. 

Be thinking about us on July 2!! We will need all good luck to get us through - it's 26 hours total travel time, and more like 30 if you count when we have to leave to go to the airport. And we leave at the end of the day, too. It's going to be tough, but I know we can do it. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment