Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lawrence's Second Birthday


 So while I was away from the computer, Lawrence turned TWO!  Such a big boy!  I am both sad and glad about this - sad because he was such a cute ONE, so happy and adventurous, and so much different than this time last year.  Mike and I marvel again at how the transition from ZERO to ONE takes you from small lump to big lump, but the transition from ONE to TWO takes you from lump to real live person!  I hate to leave ONE behind.  But I am also glad because TWO will bring lots more changes, such as potty training (well, it better bring this change, or else!), starting preschool, and skills like being able to put on your own shoes.  We've already had a few doses of TWOs behavior, too - ugh.  But hey, if he didn't act that way, we would think there was something terribly wrong.  So yay for healthy TWOs behavior; I hope he and I both live through it. 


Lawn mower from Uncle William is STILL a favorite!  Thanks, Uncle William!

The day of Lawrence's birthday, we went to Ras Tanura to the beach.  We walked on the beach path, played on the beach, and then went to the snack bar for lunch.  It was gorgeous!  And everyone had a great time.  

Walking (and scooting) up the beach path

The Persian Gulf


I'm going to make a onsie like this for Catherine that says "1/12th"

All my boys

Tuckered out


Also tuckered out.  The "I'm full" dribble of spit up indicates that she is in a Food Coma.  Also notice the Arabic Sprite (pronounced /sup-right/).

I've noticed that when you take pictures of Arabic women, it's hard to tell if they are approaching or receding, since their entire heads are covered.  After careful study, I think these women are receding.  There should be a Doppler Effect law for them.  Perhaps the red head scarf indicates they are redshifted?  I will work on that an equation for that.

Back home after dinner, we ate cake!





Presents were after bath.  The boys wanted to wear their matching glow-in-the-dark rocket ship jammies.  Everett is an enthusiastic helper when it comes to opening presents for someone else! 

Lawrence's two big presents were a monogrammed armchair (yay, embroidery machine!!) and a sand and water table.  Everett decided he needed to sit with Lawrence and hold him in his lap in the new chair...




and read him a story.  Up close. 

The next morning, the sand and water table became a sand and water seat. 


Happy birthday, Buppy!  We love you!







1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, we are very familiar with the "Water Seat" :)

    ReplyDelete