Saturday, May 19, 2012

AFTER

AFTER!  I wanted to wait until the house was clean before I took these pictures, which is a lot of the reason they are so long in coming.  I waited and waited and waited, and the house never seemed to be all the way clean, no matter how hard I tried.  I finally gave up and just took the pictures of it as it was.  So this is it! 

Front entrance
Dining room.  Louvered doors on the left are in the front entrance, and the other dooway is into the kitchen.  The green mat on the floor is the sliding glass door to the patio. 
Kitchen.  The door at the end goes to the garage.  I painted a window over the sink because it was too depressing to not have a window in the kitchen.  I'll take a fake window over no window any day. 
Living room.  It's big and has a 14 foot ceiling.  It feels a lot like living in a racketball court.  But at least it's roomy!
The rest of the living room.  The dining room is at my back.
The living room from the other side.  Now you can see the other sliding glass door to the patio, and you can get a glimpse into the dining room.
The stairs are by the front door.  They are wider than our old stair and have a nice landing. 
Upstairs hallway - our Saudi rug we got in '09 fits great!  The boys' room is at the end of the hall on the left, the bathroom is in the middle, and the nursery is on the right.


The nursery

The boys' room.
The other side of the boys' room - pay no attention to the (small) man behind the curtain.  (I think he's putting his jammies on after bathtime!)
We brought our wall stickers to make the bathroom seem more fun. 
At the other end of the hallway is the master bedroom.
Our room is big enough that I can have Mike's desk as my sewing table.  I miss you all, sweet girlfriends! I would be monogramming for you all if I could!!
The "study" is our guest room.  It has doors that we never open that go into the living room.  They make an interesting headboard. 

Our patio - smaller than our old porch, but almost anything would be.  We were very spoiled with our huge porch in Charlotte!

Our backyard.  It's just barely bigger than our old porch.  :)


So that's it!  Our house is smaller than our old house, but it's not too bad.  We didn't get to pick it, and we're not eligible for anything else in the housing lottery, so this is where we'll be.  I wish everyone could come visit us - we would have loved having you in our home! 



2 comments:

  1. Much more homey! I know you all are glad to have some familiar things back! Too funny with the window painting over your sink - I didn't realize how much I take my window for granted :)
    No after photo of the nursery?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks WONDERFUL! I love what you've done... so charming and tasteful. Beautiful rooms, E!

    ReplyDelete