Saturday, May 19, 2012

Don't try this at home....

Just FYI, I was trying to make a sauce for some beef we were having the other night, and the following combination is NOT recommended:

Heat 1 can cream of asparagus soup on the stove, because you can't find cream of mushroom
Add 1/2 cup apple juice, because you don't have white wine
Add 1 T dried oregano, because the apple juice made it smell bad
Add 1 cup hazelnut non-dairy creamer, because now it smells REALLY gross, and anything would taste better than cream of asparagus soup with apple juice and dried oregano!  Yuck!

The final result is just disgusting.  I am not one to throw away food easily, but this stuff went down the drain with no qualms at all!  I love to improvise and make stuff up as I go along when I cook, and so far it has only caught up with me twice.  Now it's three times!  Next time I'll just use ketchup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment