Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Big Day for Lawrence

Today was Lawrence's first day of preschool!  Wow, we sure do miss Good Shepherd.  But Lawrence still had a great time at his new preschool, and he did super getting in the door.  He was tired when I picked him up, too - worn out!

Now he's a real Big Boy - on his way to school!
Construction Trucks backpack is perfect for my Lawrence

Everett doesn't start his preschool for another 2 weeks (yes, October!)  But he was very eager to demonstrate to Lawrence how to wear your preschool backpack.

 Lawrence's preschool is run by a lady named Miss Ana.  She holds a "play school" in her home for 12 children.  

This is at the door to Miss Ana's house.  Ready to go in!

He and Miss Ana had a conversation about belly buttons before he went inside. 

He gave me a kiss and said "Bye bye, have a good time!"  and went inside without looking back.  <sniff!>  So brave!

And (BIG NEWS!!) it was only 98 degrees today!  It didn't even hit 100!  So to celebrate, I loaded Catherine up in the double stroller and Everett and I walked to Miss Ana's to pick Lawrence up.  He was ready to come home and was glad to have a spot in the stroller - so tired!  It's a 10-15 minute walk there, and it was nice to be out of the house. 

So that was Lawrence's first day of preschool.  He's all ready to go again tomorrow.  I am sad to not have him home, but I'm glad he will be learning to be with other kids.  (And if Everett's preschool will hurry up and start, I will have both boys in school at the same time for 2 1/2 hours, 3 days a week!  Hooray for baby Catherine time!  Hooray for preschool!  Hooray for Lawrence!)

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say hello and thank you for your updates! So glad you guys made it back safely and sanely. I can't believe Lawrence is in preschool! He is an adorable preschooler:). I loved getting to see you, even if briefly, while you were stateside. xoxoxox until next time! Dana

    ReplyDelete