Saturday, September 21, 2013

Buccaneer Beach Day

The Company has several private beaches on the Gulf, which are about 20 minutes away from camp.  The one we can go to is always swamped with Saudis, so we just won't go there.  That's the beach where I had to wear my abaya.  If I have to wear an abaya on company property, we just don't go there.  That makes me really angry, and so I'm going to drop the subject, and anyway, I digress. 

The other beach that we can't go to is the Yacht Club Beach.  It is right next to the beach we don't go to, but we can't get on because you have to own a boat to be allowed in. 

Every spring, the Yacht Club has a big party on the beach called Buccaneer Beach Day.  This year, some of our friends who do own a boat invited us to come with them.  It was really fun!  Part of the festivities were motor boat rides (below). 


It's hard to tell, but Everett's best friend is right behind him in a pink life jacket.  
That's her mom behind her.  




Lawrence was scared, so he held on tight to Daddy the whole ride.  Catherine was just very windblown.  She kept her eyes closed tight!









Then our friends very generously let me take Everett out sailing in their boat.  
I am a bit rusty, but it was fun!  Here is the shove off.  




 Sailing in the Persian Gulf. 





Everett sat in the bottom.  He talked incessantly the entire time.   I think he had a good time, but he might have spent so much time talking that he didn't pay much attention to the sailboat ride. 




Headed in to the beach.  




It was a fun afternoon, and it was great to be off camp for a day. 










1 comment: