Tuesday, January 8, 2013

EWWWWW!

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!  GROSS!!  Bugs in the food! 

Here's the scoop:  After a hard week back to the grind, I bought an (expensive) box of actual Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate 9x13 Fudge Brownie Mix.  I was all set to get the evening chores done, make the brownies while Mike was out on his evening run, take a nice hot shower while they were baking, and then settle down together to watch the new episode of Downton Abbey.  I had looked forward to it all day! 

Mike went off to run, and I got out the brownie mix.  But when I opened the box, here is what came out!!



YUCK!!!  BUGS!!  Not in my Betty Crocker expensive brownie mix!!  NOOOOO!!!  

There were hundreds of them inside the bag.  They had chewed through the plastic.  I threw all this away (while groaning in agony) and then looked on my pantry shelf.  YUCK!!  They are all over the shelf and inside most of the dry goods!  NO!  They are called meal worms.  They are common here, although I have not had a problem with them yet. 

So I spent the rest of the evening sifting, checking, and cleaning everything in the top of the pantry.  Ugh.  So much for shower and brownies and Downton Abbey.  

But my loving husband to save the day!  He came home from running and saw my mess, went out to the commissary for more brownie mix, and then stayed up late with me after I got it all cleaned up so we could still have our fun evening.  Thanks, honey!!

Bedbugs last year, meal worms this year.  I have to keep telling myself that this blog is aptly named:  ADVENTURE, Elisabeth, it's an ADVENTURE.  Every moment is not going to be great.  But I hope this is our last bug incident this year. 






 





2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, we had pantry moths back home and had to throw out almost everything in our pantry and bleach down the whole thing. So it happens all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got some brownies anyway.... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete