Thursday, December 6, 2012

First Word!!

Catherine has had an exciting two days! 

First, she pulled up to standing in her crib.  With ease, I might add!  She was very angry at the time, so I'm not sure she really appreciated what she was doing.  She was trying really hard to say "Don't leave me in here!" 

Since then, she pulls up all the time, and it's very fun.  Pull up and bounce, bounce, bounce, with big smiles.  So proud of herself!

Then the next day, Mike was carrying her away from me, and she looked right at me over his shoulder and said "Ma ma!"  HOORAY!!  I GET TOP BILLING!  Everett's first word was "Dada" and Lawrence's first word was "Doggie" (nothing like playing second fiddle to the dog), so I've been working with her for months to make sure she said my name first.  And she did! 

And I know it's not an accident because after I left the room, she continued to call for me.  And she did it again later on several occasions.  Talking at eight months!  So smart! 

Our talker!  (It's not really Thanksgiving; we just haven't put the Thanksgiving bib away yet.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment